Written with A.D. Livingston's signature wit and wisdom, his Big Book of Meat is a down-to-earth guide to making sausage, jerky, and home-smoked and dry-cured meats easily and inexpensively in your own kitchen!
This book explains how to:
- Choose the right equipment to make sausage and pork, venison, beef, chicken and fish.
- Create deli-style cold cuts.
- Dry and store jerky.
- Salt-cure country hams and other meats.
- Build a modern walk-in smokehouse.
- Adapt today's materials to yesterday's traditional methods.
- Choose woods and fuels for smoking.
And so much more!
As A.D. once said, 'You can smoke a better fish than you can buy, and you can cure a better ham without the use of any chemicals except ordinary salt and good hard-wood smoke.' All country cooks and sportsmen in particular will treasure this cookbook.